What I have discovered this summer:
- I may be in love with my Nikon P520
- Baseball is addicting, and will lead to sudden panic attacks
- Working a steady 38.5 hours a week, even in the summer, is exhausting
- Vacation, whether it be to the beach or your couch, is necessary
- The sun makes me happier, but I still protect myself, no matter what time or temperature, with SPF
- J.K. Rowling….brillant
Summer for most students means rest and relaxation and most likely vacation. For me, it has consisted of full-time work weeks. No complaints, other than working in retail altogether. I know, at least I’m getting hours and making money.
During my weeknights I have fallen victim to the game that is baseball. It has slowly embedded itself in my soul. I have been to four games so far this summer. Let’s Go Bucs!
On my two days off, walking the pooch and taking trips to a nearby lake have become routine. I try to do my fair share of yoga in the early afternoon as well.
In a few days, I will be off from work for eight days.
In the past month I have devoured the first two Harry Potter books, currently on number three. Loving every page, though I have already seen all of the movies.
The Fourth of July was celebrated with friends and family, and after the incredible fireworks presentation (I am biased, but we’ve got the best show in the ‘Burgh) we watched the very charming Dan in Real Life. I grilled for the first time too.